PRINCIPLES OF BUSINESS CONDUCT
ECLIPSE TOOL & DIE
Upon the Contract Tool & Die Industry rests the
responsibility for supplying the special tooling which makes mass production
possible. This is a most serious responsibility. Relations between the
manufacturer of special tooling and his customer should be on the highest plane
of business conduct. The following ten fundamental truths will serve as
practical guides for the conduct of Eclipse Tool & Die in accordance with the
high principles thus required:
- THE FOUNDATION of business is confidence, based on integrity, fair dealing, efficient service and mutual benefit.
- THE REWARD of business for good service rendered is fair profit.
- EQUITABLE CONSIDERATION and treatment are due customers, employees, management, capital and the public at large.
- KNOWLEDGE, thorough and specific, is essential to lasting success and efficient service.
- CONTRACTS and promises should be carried out in letter and in spirit.
- GOODS & SERVICES should be as represented.
- WASTE in any form of capital, labor or materials is intolerable.
- CONTROVERSIES should, where possible, be adjusted by voluntary agreement.
- UNFAIR COMPETITION embraces all acts characterized by unfair practices.
- LAWFUL COOPERATION among those in the industry in support of the principles of business conduct will make them a vital force.
**This code was approved
by the National Tool & Die Manufacturers Association 10/24/1946.
**It is our hope that our
customers and vendors will join us in our commitment to these principles as
daily business practice.